Kick start your day with a nutrient dense, calming elixir packed with Vitamin C from the hibiscus rose; adaptogenic qualities from the ashwhanganda & a heap of good quality fats from the flax to the coconut cream.
To craft this elixir:
- 1 cup (ish) organic raspberries: for antioxidants to combat internal & external stresses caused by free radical damage + the fiber in raspberries is the bomb
- 2 heaping scoops of coconut cream: a) its good for the gut b) it's a healthy source of the much needed saturated fatty acid & c) it's fucking delightful
- 1 overflowing scoop of walnut butter: why? omega 3 EFA's for brain health & mood balance
- 1 scoop of Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides: this is a super clean source of protein & we need protein as the building blocks for all the things in the body -- even neurotransmitters to help keep us calm
- 1 mini scoop of hibiscus rose: guess what gets depleted when we are stress? Vitamin C. Guess what hibiscus rose is high in? Vitamin C. Need I say more?
- 1 tablespoon ground flax: for the fiber & the super amazing gut cleaning job that flax does
- Filtered water is the base: why filtered? Well, regular water is filled with chlorine which is a feeding frenzy for the bad bacteria in the gut.... an imbalance favoring bad bacteria can result in not only suppresed immunity but also mood imbalance, depression & insomnia
- a scoop of ashwhanganda: its one of my FAV adaptogens for its calming effects; its good for mood swings, anxiety, insomnia, darkness... you know, stress symptoms